UNITED STATES FLOOD AGENT
The best time to think about a flood is BEFORE IT HAPPENS! Floods Happen all over. Don't get caught without coverage when you need it most. Be prepared with flood insurance
Everyone lives in a flood zone-a flood can happen in any season anywhere. If a flood happens to you, the fastest and most economical way to recover is with a flood insurance policy.
More than 20,000 communities have joined the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Nearly everyone in those communities-homeowners, condo owners, renters, mobile home owners, business, etc. - can buy a flood policy. This is good news considering floods are the most common natural disaster.
Flood insurance covers your structure and particular content items (if elected) but does not have additional coverages for things such as living expenses, business interruption, decks, fences, etc. Please check with us, a Nationwide Agent to lean more about your coverage.
Know your flood facts
- Flood insurance is not covered by your homeowners, business or other property policies
- There is a 30-day waiting period for a flood policy to take effect,
- 25% of all claims occur in a low-moderate risk flood areas,
- Everyone lives in a flood zone,
- In the U.S. flooding is the #1 natural disaster,
- Over a 30 year mortgage, there is a 26% chance of flooding vs a 9% chance of fire,
- Federal Disaster Assistance - if it's available is usually a loan you must repay with interest.
Nationwide Flood Insurance limits based on NFIP rules
Residential $250,000* for building $100,000 for contents (content coverage is optional )
Commercial $5000,000 for building $500,000 for contents
* Excess coverage may be available for structures valued above the NFIP limits to ensure full coverage